Help needed for Alpha 5 application

Common questions about using Actual Installer.
StevieV

Help needed for Alpha 5 application

Post by StevieV »

Hi all..

I've recently purchased Actual to create a setup file for an Alpha 5 application. I've found the help files to be almost useless, so would appreciate some clarification on a few points, particularly for creating the shortcut:

My application is called Workflow - which is currently installed as C:\Workflow - It runs through the Alpha 5 Runtime - currently in c:\Program Files (x86)

I'd like to keep both of these as the default, but I want to change the name of the Alpha 5 Runtime to Workflow CRM, so that this is displayed on setup rather than 'installing Alpha 5 Runtime"

I therefore presumably enter

1. 'Workflow CRM' for the application name ?

2. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\a5V10 Runtime' for the Source folder ?

3. 'Alpha5.exe' for the main executable ?

4. '<ProgramFiles>\<AppName>' for Desination Folder ?

5. For additional/Workflow application files - how do I get this to install to C:\Workflow ?

And for the shortcut:

1. What is the target file - the alpha 5.exe in Program files, or the Workflow.adb in C:\Workflow ?

2. What is the working directory - presumably the one that isn't the target file ?

3. Presumably; if someone chooses to install to D:\Workflow, or Program Files (x86), then the Shortcut is created by Actual Installer accordingly ?

Any help/confirmations or corrections much appreciated..

Thx, Steve
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Help needed for Alpha 5 application

Post by Leo »

Hi Steve,

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. if so, it will install to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Workflow CRM
5. On the Installation\Additional Files and Folders page click Add Folder and select Workflow folder.

1. alpha 5.exe
2. yes
3. yes, of course.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
StevieV

Post by StevieV »

Hi Leo..

Thanks for your reply: the install itself now seems to work ok - with the correct files added to : C:\Program Files (x86)\Workflow CRM, and C:\Workflow

I can't get the shortcut to work however: I've got <InstallDir>\alpha5.exe in the Target file, and <SystemDrive>\Workflow as the working directory,
but the shortcut created from this opens up Workflow CRM, but not the actual Workflow application

How do I get it to create the proper Icon Properties Target command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Workflow CRM\alpha5.exe" "C:\Workflow\Workflow.adb"

Thanks again,,

Steve
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Try this:
Target file: <InstallDir>\alpha5.exe
Parameters: "<SystemDrive>\Workflow\Workflow.adb"
Working Dir: <InstallDir>
Leo,
Actual Installer Team