Uninstall File Issues

Bugs, errors in the program.
Steveolio

Uninstall File Issues

Post by Steveolio »

I would like to report a bug for version 3.6.

I have a few files I would like to leave on the computer during an uninstall and it seems that even though I request this action from the program the uninstall.txt file is still being created incorrectly. Just to make sure I tried two different methods:
1) The files I wanted to remain on the computer are part of the files in the Source Folder, but since I cannot specify weather or not I want those files not to uninstall I also added them to the Addition Files tab and chose the options If Exists: Skip and Uninstall: No. When I run uninstall these files are still removed.

2) The second attempt I removed the files from the Source Folder and put them in a separate directory. Then I pointed to the files using the Additional Files tab with the same option as above, when I ran uninstall the files were still removed during uninstall.

Ideally I would like it if I could also specify a folder to have remain on the computer. For instance I create a folder <Install Directory>\LOG on install and while my program runs it creates new files that are inserted in this folder. On uninstall I would like the LOG folder and all sub-files to remain on the computer even if some files were not there on install.

Please let me know if this is a true bug or if there is a work around.
Thank you,
Steve Barnaby
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Uninstall File Issues

Post by Leo »

Please make sure the option 'Force Uninstall' (Installation-Uninstallation tab) is not selected.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
Steveolio

Re: Uninstall File Issues

Post by Steveolio »

That did fix the issue.

Thank you for your response.

I might suggest that a small text block be put under this checkbox indicating it will override all other uninstall options for files.

Thanks again.