How can I install 3 exe with 1 installer?

Common questions about using Actual Installer.
ajay

How can I install 3 exe with 1 installer?

Post by ajay »

I have a main exe and then 2 other exe which I want to install with the same installer. On Dialogs/Finish page the Customer ACtions takes only one more exe?

Please let me know.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: How can I install 3 exe with 1 installer?

Post by Leo »

Do you want to just install these EXE files, or install and then launch after installation?

To install you need to add these files on the Additional Files page.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
ajay

Post by ajay »

Hi Leo,

I wanted to just install. My case is:

I have one main installer that I want to load also. But I want to install 2 others before main installation. So I have done following and it seems to be working. Let me know if this is correct.

1) I made a installer with the other 2 files by making one of them main and other one adding to Additional Files tab. Also then I added the other one to Dialog/Finish tab to 'Custom Action'. I guess then it creates a installer which installs these 2 files.

2) Now, I created another installer with my main exe and included the one created in first step to additional files + dialog/Finish tab as 'custom actions'.

When now I install this created EXE then all 3 gets installed.

Is this correct way?
I dont think keeping only in "Additional Files" tab it installs the files. Please correct me if understanding is not correct.

With Regards,
Ajay
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Hi Ajay,

Sorry for the delay!

By adding files to the Additional Files list it is just add files to the setup package.
Then you can use these files to launch after installation.
So the way you described should be OK.

Also there are other way to launch files during installation - System \ Commands page. Here you may specify any number of files to be executed.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
ajay

Post by ajay »

Hi Leo,

Attached is my .aip file. I added 2 commands in the Command Window as you suggested. But none of them work.
Can you please let me know what am I doing wrong?

Also, do you have phone support? I think I have very small queries which can be cleared very fast. And this will help me convince my management to get 'Actual Installer'.

With Regards,
Ajay
Attachments
ConStar.zip
Zipped Actual Installer File to check why commands not working
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 1725 times
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I've checked your project I found that you've specified wrong "Launch" option: After Folder Select
It should be: After Installation

The files was not installed (After Folder Select), that's why the commands are not executed.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
ajay

Post by ajay »

Hi Leo,

Even if I specify "After Installation" then nothing happens. I specified "Folder Select" so that atleast I can see when that command gets executed.

Till now, I am not able to get any command executed. I tried putting all options - 'Before Installation', 'After Installation', 'Folder Select' etc etc...

Please let me know what am I doing wrong.

As you see, I have one EXE for my product. The one EXE for 'Grep', one EXE for 'Sed' (both open source). And then one DLL file that I want to install using regasm. I want all of them to be executed from one executable and then un-install all of them if someone uninstall that executable.

Please let me know.

With Regards,
Ajay
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Try to reinstall the program using the following link:
http://www.actualinstaller.com/download/aisetup.exe?fx
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
ajay

Post by ajay »

Hi Leo,

When I installed it from your link, I get problems with copying one file. Please see attached picture. But I continued after ignoring that file. And Actual Installer worked fine. So it was not a problem as such.

Just one last question left:
1) I have exe of my program and along with that I install grep and sed.
2) Now when I uninstall my program it does not automatically uninstalls grep-sed. I can set in command window as "Before Uninstall" but for that I need a batch command to un-install these files. Do you have any idea how to uninstall these files through batch command.
3) I tried msiexec /uninstall. But as these are not windows program so they cannot be uninstalled using this command.

Please let me know if you are aware of uninstall batch command or any other way to uninstall these additional programs when I uninstall my program. I need to uninstall them also as they got installed with my application.

With Regards,
Ajay
Attachments
actual_installation_installer_problem.jpg
(164.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

You get this error because file "AInstaller.chm" was running. Please close it before installaing Actual Installer.

If all these file are located in the Destination Folder, then you can use the "Forece Uninstall" option on the Uninstallation tab.
This will delete all files and folder from Destination Folder.
If you wish to use a batch file, you need to add this file in the project and then add command to launch it on the Commands tab (use option: After Uninstallation).
Leo,
Actual Installer Team