Create autorun CD

Common questions about using Actual Installer.
kazanman

Create autorun CD

Post by kazanman »

I can create installer and install a runtime solution on my own computer but I cannot figure out how to create a CD which will automatically run and install the runtime solution on a target computer.
I'm sure this must be really simple but I'm a newcomer to this, my experience is mainly on creating database and crm solutions using Filemaker Pro. I get to the stage of building the project, then if I test it, it installs fine on my own computer. If I then click the create autorun button it tells me that it has been created and that I should place the "autorun.inf" file and the "setup-FM Runtime.exe" in the root directory of the CD.
How do I do that? Then how do I burn the CD? I have burned CD's frequently but am at a loss as to what exactly to burn to the CD.
Any step by step help would be much appreciated.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Create autorun CD

Post by Leo »

Hi,
Sorry for the delay.

Just find these two file ("autorun.inf" and "setup-FM Runtime.exe") on the Document folder (or other, if you changed it). Right-click these files and choose "Send to \ DVD Drive". Then open Computer\DVD Drive and click Burn. Or use other software to burn CD/DVD (eg. Nero).
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
kazanman

Post by kazanman »

Thanks Leo,
Still having problems as follows:
1. I send the two files mentioned to the CD and burn them to CD.
2. I then send folder with the Filemaker runtime solution to the CD and burn the whole folder to the CD.
When I place in another computer (or even my own computer) an error message "application not found" appears.
I have tried doing step 1 above and then instead of burning the folder containing the runtime solution I burn the entire contents of the folder but not the folder itself to the CD. I still get the same error message "application not found".
If I try to open the CD by double clicking on the CD under Computer it says the same. If I right click on CD it opens and shows the files contained on the CD. If I then double click on the set-up file it proceeds to install the runtime solution with no problem. However I need to be able to have the CD autorun without without the user having to explore the files on the CD.
Where am I going wrong?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Please send to support {at} actualinstaller.com your project file. And also it would be helpful if you send screenshots of CD root folder (with burned files).
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
kazanman

Post by kazanman »

Message with files undeliverable, exceeds maximum attachemt size.
The autorun.inf file is onky 1kb but the set-up Urban 3 Runtime.exe is 51MB
Any ideas? Could send it to Drop Box
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Please send only your project file (.API) and autorun.ini
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
kazanman

Post by kazanman »

Managed to get autorun to function but after clicking "next" on all the installation dialogue buttons I finally get an error message saying "Access is denied. Installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator."
Any ideas anyone?
kazanman

Post by kazanman »

Finally succeeded after many CD's burned. One question now, how to put details of publisher on to avoid the "Unknown publisher" message?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

It's described at the bottom of this article:
How to Create a Better Installation
Leo,
Actual Installer Team