Desktop Icon Change

Common questions about using Actual Installer.
jskoubye

Desktop Icon Change

Post by jskoubye »

Can someone please post specific instructions of how to change the desktop icon. I have exported my game from Unreal Engine and in another installer I tried it had a setting to change the desktop icon. I saw another post on here about desktop icon but it gave no real instructions for non tech people like me.

Can you please post specific instructions how to use the installer to change the icon or if it cannot change the desktop icon?

Ok, for some reason it is not allowing me to reply to post. So here is what I need

The game that I made in Unreal Engine does not let you choose what the desktop icon will be when it makes the exe file. It will automatically be their logo (they are working on this bug). I tried another installer that had two options for icons - one for the exe icon and another for the desktop icon after the user installs the file. I want to use actual installer to change what the desktop icon will be. Is this possible? If so can you give me instructions. Thank you.
Last edited by jskoubye on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Desktop Icon Change

Post by Leo »

Hi,
Do you want to change the name of the specific icon (shortcut)?
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
jskoubye

Post by jskoubye »

It is the icon I want to change. When you build a game with the unreal engine no matter what you change when you install the exe file the desktop icon that appears is the Unreal Engine desktop icon. How can I change it to be my icon or can actual installer do this?

I tried another installer that had two options to choose the icon for the exe and one for the desktop icon. How can I do this with actual installer? Thanks
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Just go to the System \ Shortcuts page and click Add.
Select the Target File (if you have not yet added files to your project, you can add them on the Installation \ Additional Files page).
Then in the Shortcut Location select: <Desktop>
Click OK.

This will create a shortcut on the Desktop.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
jskoubye

Post by jskoubye »

Thank you. So with these instructions I see a shortcut on the desktop, now how do I choose the desktop icon to be used?