Updater Options

Common questions about using Actual Installer.
shawnolson

Updater Options

Post by shawnolson »

I would like to see a few new Updater options due to requests from my customers:

1) User Option for Install Silently. I would like an option for the end user to allow installing updates automatically and silently without being alerted. I know that there is an option already to do this from the updater but that option is imposed when generating the Updater rules on my end. What I want is to allow this for users who want it without having to impose it on all users (who may not want it).

2) Disable Update Check. While I love the updater functionality, some of my users are annoyed with messages when Windows loads if updates come too frequently. It would be good if there is an option for the user to Disable checking for updates altogether.

3) Update Alert: Instead of using a message box for updates, it might be nice to utilize the native Windows Notification/Messaging in taskbar. This might be less intrusive for many users.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Updater Options

Post by Leo »

Thank you fro these suggestions.
We will try to add them in new releases.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
shawnolson

Re: Updater Options

Post by shawnolson »

Thank you Leo. It would save me some headaches. Overall, Actual Installer + Actual Updater have made my life so much easier. But there is a small circle of customers who have repeatedly complained about the update notification. I'd like the options so that I can appease them.