Relative path for Source Directory

Feature requests.
Scad

Relative path for Source Directory

Post by Scad »

For me it would be an advantage if it would be possible to create a relative path on the developers system for my source directory.
For example, it could be made relative to the *.aip-Setupfile-Folder (<SetupProjectfolder> or something like this)

Background is the following:
In our company we use a source control tool (Tortoise) to share our software between our developers.
It would be great, if we just could checkIn our setup inside the projectfolders an lokally checkout on different places without the need to change the absolute path of our Source Folder (and, if used, also other Files/Folders).

Up to now I only see 2 possibilitys:
- Place the setup on a networkspace and link its sourcefolder there. Everytime you need a new setup, because your software got a new release, you have to move the new release files to this folder and replace/remove the older versions -> additional work and no history of your setupproject
- Place it inside projectfolder and checkin for the feature of holding older versions of your setupproject, but for creation you need to either change your directorys or always create from the same machine within the same place.

Thanks,
Scad
Last edited by Scad on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Relative path for Source Directory

Post by Leo »

Thank you for this message.
I'll resend it to our developers.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
Twiglet58

Post by Twiglet58 »

Hi ...

I know this is 3 years old, but I was hoping for an update.

IMHO, not being able to specify relative source folders is a pretty major deficiency of Actual Installer, which is otherwise perfectly suited to my requirements.

... and it's not like the build would fail. I currently hand edit the aip files to make all paths relative, and the installer build works just fine.

Thanks for reading
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

New version 8.2 supports relative paths.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com