Network install doesn't recognise GUID?

Bugs, errors in the program.
davem

Network install doesn't recognise GUID?

Post by davem »

Hi Leo,
Our network customers installed with our app v4.0.9 in January, and we've just sent out the April update (4.0.9.2). Network installation and updates need to be done from a client PC to properly populate .ini and other files to a MAPped drive. When doing the 'check for update', the update downloads OK, but the setup program halts with "<App> is not installed on this computer [etc]". When I asked the user to download manually from our site, the update ran flawlessly. Indeed, our GUID did show up when the customer ran regedit on the client. So...
(1) for a network install, does the network server's registry need to have our GUID, and if so, how? (2) could it be that the Updater doesn't recognise the GUID for an app residing on drive Q: (network drive)? [The entire app lives on the server, except for each user's desktop shortcut, and .ini file in each client's C:\Windows folder.]
==It's fair to say at this point that Actual Installer and Auto Updater have had unanimous positive comments from our standalone users. Great app!===
I've double-checked the GUID of the original install against the update, and they're identical. This may or may not be a bug, but might require some investigation. I've had my share of screw-ups, but on this occasion can't see any problem with our .aip files. Any ideas?
Thanks for you help, and
Best regards,
Dave
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Network install doesn't recognise GUID?

Post by Leo »

Hello Dave,
Sorry for the delay!
What versions of Actual Installer are used for the network installation and update?
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
davem

Post by davem »

Hello Leo,
The original install in January was AI, (I think) v5.2. The April 1st update was AI v5.4. Both Pro versions. What is strange is that the manual download and update worked, but the semi-automatic didn't.
Thanks for your help, and
Best regards,
Dave
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Can you please send these two project files (.AIP) to support [at] actualinstaller.com
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com