Limitations in the Trial Version?

Common questions about using Actual Installer.
Chris

Limitations in the Trial Version?

Post by Chris »

I just ordered a copy of ActualInstaller and while I´m waiting for the key I´d like to continue to work on my project. However I´ve a few problems showing up and I´m just wondering if it´s because of the Trial-Version I´m using for the fourth day, or do I face some bugs or something else I´m maybe not aware of?

1. Everytime I quit and restart Actual Installer 3.4 and load my project file all my previous made entries under "System->Variables" are lost and I´ve to add them again.
2. If I try to execute my generated setup-file on my 2003 Test-Machine an Error-Message pops up that roughly says "Windows was unable start the application beacause the license-information is invaild or broken" (original message is german, so that´s just rough translation)

I´m using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, i5-750 CPU, 8GB RAM.

Another question:

My project is very big, around 1.3GB being compressed to 890MB with AI at max. compression. It seems AI only uses one Core to compile the package and it takes quite some time (almost half an hour) to do it. 7-Zip needs four minutes at "Ultimate" compression utilizing two cores and makes the package more than 100MB smaller on the same machine. Are their any plans for the future using more than one Core in AI for compression?

Thanks in advance for answering these question, can´t wait to get my key delivered and installed!

Chris
Chris

Re: Limitations in the Trial Version?

Post by Chris »

OK, after another three hours of testing I found out:

1. Variables don´t get stored if no "Default Value" is entered
1.1 What took three hours was, that in the full version I obviously don´t have to add variables for 32 and 64 OS separately. Otherwise it generates two "Hits" and therefore an invalid path

2. Works now.