Installation of HTMLe-book package, not an actual executable

Common questions about using Actual Installer.
ddtannenbaum

Installation of HTMLe-book package, not an actual executable

Post by ddtannenbaum »

I have an e-book I am distributing via CD and download. It does not contain anything that needs to be executed during the installation, just to have the contents (e-book, HTML pages, some a copy of the Acrobat installation package, etc...) loaded into a specific folder and then have an icon appear on the desktop. How can I do that?

Thanks!
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Installation of HTMLe-book package, not an actual executable

Post by Leo »

Add a source folder of your e-book on the 'Installation-Installation Path/Files' page. The 'Main Executable' field leave empty.
Also, don't forget to add an Uninstaller.
To create a shortcut on the Desktop, go to the 'System-Shortcuts' page and click Add. Then select Target File and Shortcut Destination as <Desktop>. Click OK.
Now you can build your project and test it.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
ddtannenbaum

Post by ddtannenbaum »

Thank you for your prompt response! One issue I am encountering is I cannot clear the Main Executable setting. It is loaded with the adobe installation .exe file. How do I clear this?

Thanks!
ddtannenbaum

Post by ddtannenbaum »

Everything works great, except for one last issue. I need to have the Adobe Installer executable copied down to the destination directory. But when I load the executable file into the installation package, it forces it as the main executable file. How do I get the file written to the destination directory without it interfering with the installation?

Thanks!
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Leave this Main Executable field as is. You just need to unselect the option 'Launch Application after installation' (Dialogs-Finish tab), and remove shortcut for this Main Executable option on the 'System-Shortcuts' page.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com