Growing Setup size without reason

Bugs, errors in the program.
Scad

Growing Setup size without reason

Post by Scad »

Hi Leo,

I've investigated a little bug in filesize of the setup itself and the display of the "needed disk space" inside the installer (I'm still using Actual Installer 6.9)
While we made new versions of our little tool, the size of the setup continuously grew a little bit. Now I've made a new version with even some more files, but the size of the setup-file is about the half of the last version.
In numbers:
File size setup of last version: about 54 MB
"needed disk space" display: about 70 MB
really installed files: about 39 MB

File size setup of new version: about 26 MB
"needed disk space" display: about 41 MB
really installed files: about 41 MB

Besides updates of some files, the main change was, that I've removed the "Dokumentation" folder inside Installation->Files and Folders and put it in again using "Add Folder...". Before, every single document in it was added by files I guess (some pdf-Files).

If you need them, I can also send you the setup files per email or whatever u prefer (if your inbox is big enough)

Kind regards
Adrian
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Growing Setup size without reason

Post by Leo »

Hi Adrian,

It looks like you specified the output setup file (which AI generates) inside the Source Folder (see page Installation \ Files and Folder).
So when you relaunch the project file the setup file is automatically added to the project files.
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com
Scad

Post by Scad »

Hi Leo,

well, sadly that is not the answer. Would be too easy to solve i guess ^^

My SourceDir is an untouched directory inside the parent directory of my aip-File and my Output directory, so they sit parallel to each other.
The Source Folder doesn't include the location where the output is stored (the output file also doesn't get showed inside the Installation \ Files and Folder).

So this must be something else....
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

Scad, can you send your project file (.aip) to our email (in AI, click menu Help \ Support)?
Leo,
Actual Installer Team
https://www.actualinstaller.com