Actual Installer 8.1 Release
Actual Installer version 8.1 was released on December 09, 2020.
- Interface Enhancements;
- Press Ctrl + L to open License Agreement in Modern interface;
- Check if Product Name doesn't contain forbidden characters in Windows \ / : * ? " < > | (to avoid issues with creating files/folders that contain Product Name);
- Add text admin to the file name of setup program to launch it as administrator;
- If it fails to create Registry Key or Value,the user will be asked to not proceed with other registry entries;
- Uninstaller: when reinstalling, Uninstell.exe is launched with /R switch (do not use option "Complete Uninstallation" and "Prompt to remove product setting data").
- Additional Parameters for installation;
- Prerequisites: JRE 15, .NET 5, ASP.NET Core (in predefined Additional Prerequisites);
- New options for feature "If Previous Version is Installed": Uninstall, Uninstall Silently, Overwrite, Allow Multiple Versions, Ask User;
- Ability to read max registry value from Registry Key into a variable. Use GETMAXREGVAL;
- Switch /CU to set the installation for "Current User only" when using Ask User for feature "Install Product for";
- Registry Root Key HKEY_DEFAULT (or short HKDE). If the installation is for Current User only, then this key is replaced with HKEY_CURRENT_USER, if for All Users, then HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
- Option "Allow install if failed to install prerequisites";
- Option Set Current Dir for Launch Application after installation (page Interface / Finish);
- Support for new Actual Updater 4.4 options;
- Variables <AppData> and <MyDocuments> return values of a user who launched the setup program. To get values for a user (after elevation, e.g. for administrator), add parameter -defdir
- Bug with removing registry key if its registry value is set to "Not remove on uninstall";
- Little bug: do not check for Updates Before Installation, if Silent mode is used;
- Little bug: in Variables, unable specify a variable in the Default Data field with DWORD type.