Actual Installer 8.4 Release
Actual Installer version 8.4 was released on September 18, 2021.
- Files Management: File Options take effect after click OK, and restore previous settings if click Cancel (no need to reload the project);
- Before saving the project file, a backup is created (extension .backup), so it can be restored if the save is failed. If the save is successful, then the backup is removed;
- Other little enchantments.
- Ability to sign files from the context menu of the Installation Files section (menu "Sign...");
- Ability to update/refresh the Installation Files section (menu "Refresh"). To see changes in SourceDir (no need to reload the project);
- Options for Template Editor: Header Width and Text Width;
- Ability to use Updater without Uninstaller;
- Feature "Clear the Recent Projects list" in the Options dialog;
- Ability to ask the user to select folder or file at startup via Variables: <SELECTDIR>, <SELECTDIRASK>, <SELECTFILEASK>;
- Ability to rearrange variables on the System / Variables page;
- Additional Parameters for installation: -nomodifydate, -hideprint, -regskippedfiles, -compluninst, -hidelng.
- Bug with displaying product details that contain an ampersand symbol (&);
- Bugs with the project folder name and the Version Info resource if multilanguage text are used in AppName, AppVersion, CompanyName;
- Bug with processing files without extension (files are not added to the project if used the options "Skip files with extensions");
- Bug with fitting text in Modern Interface for Russian language.
Includes new versions of Actual Updater 4.6 and Actual Downloader 3.0